You can adopt an animal at the Lion Foundation at a minimum monthly donation of €10, for at least one year.
If you adopt an animal at the foundation, you will receive:
- a passport of the animal
- an adoption certificate
- an annual visit for 2 people with your adopted animal (please make appointment, 16 years and older)
- a free annual pass to the Hoenderdaell Estate
- an invite to the annual donor day
Donations to the Lion Foundation are used to cover costs and investments involving:
- day-to-day care of animals in the Lion Foundation rescue facility
- the rescue of animals in need, including transport, medication, costs associated with the rescue venue, etc.
- the release of big cats back into the (semi) wild
- scientific research projects involving the animals rescued by the Lion Foundation
- educational projects
- the support of various projects involving big cats
The adoption of one of the big cats living at The Lion Foundation rescue facility is symbolic. Donation proceeds can benefit more than one specific animal. Any given animal can therefore be ‘adopted’ by several different people.
As of October 26, 2011 the Lion Foundation has been designated a Public Benefit Organisation (Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling/ ANBI) by the Dutch Tax Administration.