Donations to Stichting Leeuw are used to cover costs and investments involving:
- day-to-day care of animals in the Stichting Leeuw rescue facility
- the rescue of animals in need, including transport, medication, costs associated with the rescue venue, etc.
- the release of big cats back into the (semi) wild
- scientific research projects involving the animals rescued by Stichting Leeuw
- educational projects
- the support of various projects involving big cats
As of October 26, 2011 Stichting Leeuw has been designated a Public Benefit Organisation (Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling/ ANBI) by the Dutch Tax Administration.