Stichting Leeuw was founded on October 26, 2011 by P.H. Kruijff (chairman), A.M. Roecoert (treasurer) and R.J. Zagt (secretary). They also make up the board of directors.
Daily management of the foundation is in hands of R.P.M. Kruijff. None of the Stichting Leeuw board members will receive a salary or any other kind of reimbursement for their foundation activities.
The board of directors will seek counsel regarding the care and return to the wild of predatory felines from specialists in this field. (Stichting Leeuw’s statutory objective is the rescue, care and rehabilitation of predatory felines to their natural habitat. Alternative 1!.)
Stichting Leeuw’s objectives are:
- To promote sustainable improvements to the well-being of predatory animals within the Netherlands and beyond
- To facilitate – or to provide support for – projects that benefit pubic interest and that are also of a charitable and social nature
- Furthermore, to facilitate all that is either directly or indirectly related to the above or could support the above, in the broadest sense possible
The foundation intends to achieve its objectives by:
- Offering shelter and care to predatory animals in need, especially – but not limited to – animals in Europe that have been living in captivity for generations
- Rehabilitating predatory animals to their natural habitat
- Creating partnerships to achieve the foundation objectives
- Realise governmental policy changes
- Providing information aimed at prevention and education
Stichting Leeuw is a non-profit organisation and has been designated a Public Benefit Organisation (Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling or ANBI) by the Dutch Tax Administration as of October 26, 2011.
The foundation is funded by:
- gifts, testamentary dispositions and legacies
- subsidies and donations
- all other assets
Chamber of commerce number 53857836
RSIN number 851046411