You can adopt an animal at Stichting Leeuw at a minimum monthly donation of €10, for at least one year.
If you adopt an animal at the foundation, you will receive:
- a passport of the animal
- an adoption certificate
- a free annual pass to Landgoed Hoenderdaell. This pass will remain valid for as long as you continue the adoption
- an invite to the annual donor day
- an annual visit for 2 people with your adopted animal. This visit is by appointment only, for persons 16 years and older. We regret that we cannot allow less-abled (mentally or physically) persons near the animals
Donations to Stichting Leeuw are used to cover costs and investments involving:
- day-to-day care of animals in the Stichting Leeuw rescue facility
- the rescue of animals in need, including transport, medication, costs associated with the rescue venue, etc.
- the release of big cats back into the (semi) wild
- scientific research projects involving the animals rescued by Stichting Leeuw
- educational projects
- the support of various projects involving big cats
The adoption of one of the big cats living at the Stichting Leeuw rescue facility is symbolic. Donation proceeds can benefit more than one specific animal. Any given animal can therefore be adopted by several different people.
As of October 26, 2011 Stichting Leeuw has been designated a Public Benefit Organisation (Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling/ ANBI) by the Dutch Tax Administration.